- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to complete a transaction.
Information We Collect
We may collect the following information about you or your recipient, which may include non-public personal information:
- In the course of using the services available through WireCash, you may be asked for your name, date of birth, billing address, email address, and telephone number(s). We may also collect certain sensitive payment information from you including your credit or debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, your bank account number, routing number, login information required by your financial institution to access your account, such as your username and password, answers to challenge questions, or a security token.
- Additional fields required to complete the transaction, as to be determined by the service provider you select. This may include your recipient’s name, physical address, email address, telephone number, foreign identification, and banking information.
- Information provided to us through third party programs.
- To complete transactions, we request some third party personal information from you or your device.
- Information about how you use the service to send or receive money, and to whom you send money, including your transaction history, is collected.
- Information that we legally obtain from third parties, such as identity verification services, electronic database services, and credit reporting agencies.
- Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as contextual information about the device, hardware and software you use when accessing the service, your IP address, the pages you access on this website, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing the service.
- Recordings of your communications with our Customer Service department, including telephone calls and electronic communications.
- Information collected from your financial institutions: The types of information we collect from your financial institutions may include, but are not limited to: Account information, including financial institution name, account name, account type, and account and routing number; Information about an account balance, including current and available balance; Information about the account owner(s), including name, email address, phone number, and address information.
Why We Collect Information
We collect information for the following purposes:
- To process your transactions
- To verify your identity
- To collect payment for your use of the service
- To allow our partners to fulfill their promotional or transactional obligations to you
- To resolve issues with the service
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules, such as those relating to "know your customer", and anti money-laundering requirements.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the service
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers
How We Share Information With Others
We do not sell or rent the information we collect from to third parties for promotional or marketing purposes unless we receive your consent. Nevertheless, we may share information about you (including nonpublic, personal information) with:
- Third-party service providers under contract with WireCash that help us with our business operations, such as transaction processing, fraud prevention, and marketing. This is only for the purposes of providing you with your requested services.
- Third parties that we partner with to offer additional products and services, such as telephone minutes, gift cards or loyalty points, but only when you expressly agree to participate, and/or to receive information about those additional products and services.
- If a sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets occurs, your personal information may be part of the transferred assets. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence and inform you of any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Law enforcement, government officials or other third parties, but only in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent physical harm or financial loss, report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Information provided or posted by customers on our publicly accessible blog. Do not post sensitive, private personal information including: email, address, or WireCash transaction information.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future email from us at any time by unsubscribing. To review and control your information at any time you may contact CustomerService@wirecash.com or log into your account to:
- Change/correct data we have about you
- Manage/Close your account
We take serious precautions to protect your information. We meet and exceed industry-accepted security standards. When you submit sensitive information via the website and/or mobile application, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as a bank account), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way, leveraging Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and 256-bit encryption. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon by looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page. We also require username and password from anyone seeking to access their information on our website.
We will not store your username and password for your bank account. We will provide Connexus Secure an access token that exclusively allows Connexus Secure to retrieve your Account Information. All information transmitted between WireCash and Connexus Secure is encrypted over a 256-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and secured with bank level protection.
Your personal information is yours and will not be shared with nonaffiliated third parties, not essential to completing your transaction. Your personal information will not be used for commercial or marketing with third parties. Should we ever seek to engage such a commercial relationship we will seek your consent prior to sharing your information. We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
From time to time our site requests information via surveys. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.